MindMeister is a great browser-based, concept mapping tool. Features I like:
- FREE: Free account option along with a paid subscription; The first month you will have access to the premium account features. Once that expires, basically, you will see some ads and lose access to the code to embed a map in a webpage. A free account is limited to 6 maps stored at one time. So if you get to 6, you can delete 1 and be able to create a new one. You do need an email address to create an account. They require you click a link in a verification email to activate your account before you will have access.
- EXPORT: Export as an outline to Word (WOW!), pdf, or an image
- COLLABORATION: Can have multiple people working on the same map at the same time; edits are color coded. There is a history of edits with the option to revert back to a previous version.
- PRINT: You can print the map scaled to 1 page, or at 100% spanning multiple pages.
- MASHUPS: Click the Google icon under information to do an instant search on the text of a node.
- SUBSCRIBE: Can receive email notifications whenever something is edited on a collaborative map. Too bad it doesn’t offer RSS as well.
- NOTES: Can add notes to nodes