Students (ages 5-18) in the United States have been invited to design a Google logo.
The Doodle 4 Google theme is “What if…?” Students are encouraged to come up with their own ideas.
- What if…I could live underwater, or in outer space, or in Colonial America?
- What if…I could see into the future?
- What if…I could build any kind of invention I wanted?
- 40 finalists will be invited to a workshop with Google’s official doodler, Dennis Hwang, at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California.
- The U.S. public will vote for their favorites.
- The winning design will replace the regular Google homepage on May 22, 2008. This champion doodler will receive a $10,000 college scholarship and his or her school will receive a $25,000 technology grant.
- School registration closes on March 28th.
- Entries must be received by April 12th, 2008.
- Visit Doodle 4 Google to register. Here you will find all the details of the competition, plus detailed lesson plans.