Thanks to Donna Fishel, I now know an easier way to digitally pass out “papers” to students in Google Apps.
- Create a folder for each class.
- Share that folder with all the students in the class as View Only.
- Put into that folder any documents that you want to distribute to students. Students will be able to view all the documents in the folder. To edit any documents in this folder they will first have to use the File menu to Make a copy (this prevents students from editing your master).
To turn in their documents digitally to their teachers, we’ve instructed students to share their documents with their teacher and to use a file naming pattern which will result in a sorted listed in the teacher’s Google Apps account. The teacher can always proceed to further organize submitted documents using folders.
- Pattern: HourLastnameFirstInitial NameofAssignment
- Example: 1GartonJ PovertyStory