Jeopardy Labs is a free service you can use to create your own online Jeopardy game. Jeopardy Labs provides a blank template on which to build your game, no PowerPoint required. You do not need to register in order to build your own game. However, if you want to be able to edit your game at a later point you will want to create a password before you create your game. When completed your game is given its one unique url. Post that url on your blog, wiki, or website and anyone can then play your game.
Homonym and homophone confusion has plagued many a student essay. Words that have identical pronunciation but drastically different meanings make English one of the hardest languages to learn, even for native speakers. Alan Cooper has kindly put together a big list of such words at Alan Cooper’s Homonyms, a site which all English teachers should introduce to their students as soon as possible.
This list groups all the homophones together, then provides a concise, clarifying definition next to it. -Instructify
You'll definitely want to try Flame, a web-based drawing tool that makes creating abstract doodles easy and fun. Using Flame you can create a variety of shapes and patterns and the user interface is simple. You have a palette which is black by default, white is the only other option. You have an adjustable brush, customizable in size, softness, and other variables, and you can select your colors and the level of opacity and saturation. One of the best ways to create really soft and flowing lines is to move the mouse quickly. The faster you move the mouse the "wider" the brush stretches and the softer and more diffuse the lines are. If you move the mouse slowly you get a laser-focused beam of intense color, move it quickly and you get a wide swath of gossamer-like color. You can save your pictures to your computer, the default size is 1680px × 1050px with no ability to select other sizes. -Lifehacker
* The best of all, it’s a FREE cd ripper
* Rip audio CD tracks to WAV, MP3.
* Incredibly fast cd ripping.
* Fully optimized for SSE/Hyper thread technology and get extra speed boost on multiprocessor systems.
* Retrieve album info from remote and local CDDB (Compact Disc Database) servers.
* CDDB info can be edited/revised/saved.
* On-the-fly ripping, no temporary file generated.
* An elegant and intuitive user interface, very easy to use.
* Automatically write metadata of the output audio files.
* Build-in latest Lame MP3 encoder which is generally believed as the the best MP3 encoder in the world.
* Plain audio CD Player.
* All kinds of CD and DVD drives are supported (including IDE, SCSI, USB etc.).
* Full unicode support.
* Multisession (CD-Extra) supported.
* All events are logged for future diagnosis.
* Windows Vista compatible and works with Windows 7.