I’ve been wanting to use Glogster for some time. Just too many fun tools and not enough time. Glogster is a free tool for creating online multimedia “posters.” It has a scrapbook look to it, with the interactivity of the web. Users can choose their background, add images, audio, text, video, animation, etc. These posters can be accessed via a link or embedded.
Here are a couple samples:
- Book Leads: a Glogster embedded in a Wikispaces page
- Tsar Nicholas II by xhpets
- Parodies Using Shakespeare by MrAver
- Poet Profile by s004.coolpoolteacher
- Poetry Portfolios by Jared Nichol
I recently came across this video on Youtube explaining how high school students are using Glogster.
They offer special accounts for educators that provide the option of creating up to 100 students accounts. Glogster is very easy to use. Here’s a quick tutorial by Traci Blazosky that will get you started.