myPhoneDesktop provides an easy and effective way to work with your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch directly from your desktop. Whether you need to make a phone call, send a long SMS, copy a large amount of text, send a long and complicated to retype URL, or store an image on your iPad or iPhone, myPhoneDesktop streamlines your workflow.
Does your Windows machine take a long time to boot up? (Insert snarky “switch to Linux” joke here). Well a company has developed a remedy to improve Windows boot time, and it is called Soluto.
The way the application works is simple. It installs, then it asks you to reboot and then it watches your boot time and tells you what is taking up the majority of that time. It allows you to pause the item (does not start up again until un-paused) or you can delay its startup. It will wait until the initial set of applications is loaded before attempting to start your delayed applications.
This program works well for techies and entry level computer users alike. If you are an expert user you can take action on all your items and have a great list to work from on speeding up your boot up. A novice would be able to pause the items that they know they do not use or have already uninstalled. -makeuseof
inEye is a reverse image search engine, meaning you can upload an image or provide the URL and it will search for all locations of that very image. This way you can find the origin of the image, its usage, different versions including higher resolutions, or modified copies of the image.
Rather than keywords, metadata, or watermarks, TinEye actually uses image identification technology. When you submit an image, the search engine creates a fingerprint of that image and starts scanning its database for matching images. TinEye’s database comprises over 1.5 billion images, thus it should be able to find copies on all popular websites.
Apple Design Award Winner
Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
DIGITAL COMPASS: tilt your iPad and the ''Star Spotter'' function will be activated, a live representation of what you see in the sky will appear on your display and the sky will start following your movements right, left, up, and down.
TIME MACHINE: tap the clock icon and scroll the time slider to watch the sky tonight or lets say two years from now.
SKY LIVE Window: open up the new window by tapping the moon-shaped button to see moon phases, elevation, and rising data for the Sun, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn.
BOOKMARKS: save a reminder of beautiful night sky observations
MOON PHASES: see the moon phases for several days. Change the date on the top to see the moon phases for the past or for the future.
Wikipedia LINKS: select one celestial body and tap the – i – icon
– Articles features a one-of-a-kind presentation of Wikipedia articles, optimized for iPhone and iPod
– A unique, chapter index control to skim through the whole article in an instant
– Find articles by title or content and select the Wikipedia language you are interested in
– Automatic spelling suggestions for your search text
– Use maps to learn more about nearby places
– Discover articles around the globe using maps
– "Surprise Me!" feature
– Tap on image previews to zoom in for more detail
– Rotate your device to see article photos in landscape and pinch to zoom in
– Easily share an article link by mail and copy photos to your Camera Roll or Pasteboard
– Pull down the article view to lock the current screen orientation
– Pinch to increase and decrease the article text size
– Access recently viewed articles when offline
– Manage article bookmarks in folders and separate pages like in Safari
– Quickly lookup recently viewed articles by day
Apple Design Award Winner
High-quality brushes (with an erase mode)
– Layers (rearrange, merge, fill with a color, and adjust transparency)
– Copy and Paste layers between paintings
– Import multiple photos as layers
– Desktop-class color picker
– Extremely responsive zooming from 70% to 1600%
– Eyedropper tool
– Generous level of undo and redo
– Slideshow mode
– Built in web server (download paintings to any computer)
– Replay your paintings at high resolution with Brushes Viewer on Mac OS X (http://brushesapp.com/viewer)
Apple Design Awards Winner