The iResponse PRO Utility component allows an instructor to test student comprehension at any point during the teaching session. The instructor may develop questions on their desktop computer (both Mac and PC versions are available), and transmit the questions or test(s) directly to the studentsí iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad devices. The instructor is also able to view who is connected to the system, who has responded to the question, and what response was given. During testing, once the student has submitted the test, the instructor and student receive instant results on the their performance. The responses can then be displayed in a graph, either to the entire class or just the instructor. The utility will display the correct response and the number of students who answered the question correctly. In addition, the instructor may also view and save the results of the questions and answers by teaching session, individual student, or specific question.
Save web pages for later offline reading, optimized for readability on your iPhone or iPod touch's screen. Featured by Apple and critically acclaimed by top blogs, newspapers, and magazines!
Great for long articles and blog posts that you find during the day and would like to read, but don't have the time when you find them. Save with Instapaper, then read later when you're commuting, in a meeting, or waiting in line.
Browse the Editor's Picks for more stories to read when you haven't had time to find any.
– Automatic updates
– Save your position
– Dictionary lookups
– Tilt scrolling, pagination
– Adjustable fonts and text sizes
– Dark mode for night reading
– Send to Tumblr and Twitter
● Create text, photo and audio notes
● Auto-synchronize your notes to your Mac, PC, and Web
● Magically makes text within snapshots searchable
● Mark notes as "Favorite" for quick access
● All notes include geo-location information for mapping and search
✶ Premium Feature: File Synchronization – add, sync, access, and share files (PDF, Word, Excel, PPT, and more) among the different versions of Evernote you use
Here are some ways to use Evernote for your personal and professional life:
● For research and class notes
● To capture blog ideas and design inspiration
● To stay in-sync with your desktop notes, web clips, and files
● To snap photos of whiteboards and wine labels
● As part of your GTD system to help you stay organized
● To record voice memos
Dropbox is the easiest way to sync and share your files online and across computers.
– View photos, videos, documents, and presentations in your Dropbox on the go.
– Save photos and videos taken with your iPhone's camera to your Dropbox, including HD videos on your iPhone 4!
– Share and send files via email, or copy and paste links to share with another app.
– Export Dropbox files to other iPhone and iPad apps.
– "Favorite" files to download them for fast, offline viewing.
– Swipe your way through photo galleries
This app requires a Dropbox account. If you don’t already have a Dropbox account, the app will allow you to create one for free.
Touch Mouse by Logitech turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a wireless trackpad and keyboard for your computer.
Do you connect your computer to your TV? Touch Mouse is the perfect solution for when you want to stay in control from the comfort of your couch. Point, click, scroll and type in any application—on a Mac or a PC.
Touch Mouse works over Wi-Fi, so you can use it anywhere in the house. And to make typing easier, text is displayed on the screen of your iPhone or iPod touch as you type, so you can see what you’re doing without having to continually look up and down.
– Multi-touch trackpad with option for two or three buttons
– Two-finger scrolling
– Keyboard with modifier keys
– On-screen text display while typing
– Show or hide the keyboard at any time
– Trackpad and keyboard are available in landscape and portrait modes
Choose from 12 Apple-designed themes including Gradient, Showroom, and Portfolio.
– Arrange the objects on your slides by simply dragging them on the slide canvas.
– Create sophisticated animations by using Magic Move, which automatically animates objects across consecutive slides.
– Choose from over 20 professional-quality slide transitions
– Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app.
– Organize your data with beautiful tables and charts.
– Skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides with the slide navigator.
– Your documents are saved automatically
– Use the Undo button to go back through your work — even the next time you open your document.
– View and edit existing documents by importing Keynote ’09 or Microsoft PowerPoint files from Mail attachments or the web.
– Share your work by exporting it to PDF and sending it to a colleague via Mail
– Transfer presentations between your Mac or PC and your iPad using File Sharing in iTunes.
Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.
With Dragon Dictation you can also dictate status updates directly to your Social Networking applications (Facebook and Twitter) or send notes and reminders to yourself….all using your voice. So when you’re on-the-go, stop typing and start speaking – from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between.
• Voice-to-text transcriptions that may be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
• Submit text to Social Networking applications – Twitter and Facebook
• Convenient editing feature that provides a list of suggested words
• Voice driven correction interface
1. Dragon Dictation requires network connectivity (WiFi or 3G/EDGE).
It's easy to manage your WordPress blog from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. With WordPress for iPhone OS, you can moderate comments and create or edit posts and pages. All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted blog running WordPress 2.9.2 or higher.
Idea Sketch lets you easily draw a diagram – mind map, concept map, or flow chart – and convert it to a text outline, and vice versa. You can use Idea Sketch for anything, such as brainstorming new ideas, illustrating concepts, making lists and outlines, planning presentations, creating organizational charts, and more!
Share Your Ideas
Diagrams can be saved to the Photos app, which are then synced to your desktop computer. You can also copy-and-paste diagrams and outlines into any other app on your iPhone.
Idea Sketch is designed to be intuitive and easy to use. You'll be creating and editing diagrams and outlines right away.
No Drawing Required
Just enter your text and move the shapes around, Idea Sketch handles all the drawing.
Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats everything you say with a funny voice.
You can pet him, poke and punch him or grab his tail.
Record videos of Tom repeating your words and share them with friends and family.
★★★ HOW TO PLAY ★★★
✔ Talk to Tom and he will repeat everything you say with a funny voice.
✔ Pet him to make him purr.
✔ Poke his head, belly or feet.
✔ Grab his tail.
✔ Pour a glass of milk for him.
✔ Record videos and upload them to YouTube & Facebook or send them by email.
Draw lines and watch as Soundrop uses them to create music! Listen with headphones for the full effect.
– Tap and Drag to draw a line.
– Drag the handles to edit or double tap to delete.
– Drag dropper to reposition drop point.
– Audio pans left/right with bounce location onscreen.
Be the maestro with Virtuoso Piano Free, a new iPod touch, iPhone and iPad instrument. Learn and play the piano anytime and anywhere.
This is the Lite version of Virtuoso Piano, the amazing grand piano for iPod touch and iPhone.
With its unprecedented sound quality, Virtuoso Piano Free is the perfect free piano to learn the basics of music or just having fun.
If you want tuning, adjustable reverb, advanced metronome, recording and many more exciting features, visit the full version: Virtuoso Piano.
– 6 octaves of sampled concert grand piano
– Robust bass, warm middles and crisp highs
– Play along with your music library
– Key labels (with colors)
– Play chords with up to 5 fingers
– Slide your fingers to roll the keys
– Free for unlimited period
Virtuoso Pianists around the world: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ADE021B190FF35C4
Learn or refresh your French, anytime and anywhere with your own personal language lab.
24/7 Tutor French goes beyond the simple talking phrasebook or flashcard programs, providing a set of engaging, interactive study tools that help you really learn the language. FREE French Tutor Lite Edition (LE) is a fully functional version containing a useful subset of vocabulary and phrases drawn from several of the learning modules in the 24/7 French series.
– NATIVE SPEAKER audio for all words
– Priority based optimization system
– Entertaining PUZZLE GAME
– WRITE-IN quiz to test language recall
– Manual & automatic FLASH CARD method
– Self contained, network access not required
– MULTIPLE CHOICE quiz
Miss Spell’s Class is an original word game that lets players test their spelling skills against the most commonly misspelled words on Dictionary.com. Players must quickly decide whether each of 20 words is spelled correctly or incorrectly, as speed and accuracy count to get to the top of the class!
• "Delightful…easy to recommend and difficult to ace." – Macworld.com iPhone Central Blog
• American English
• 10,000 words in the game
• See the correct spelling for each misspelled word
• Save high scores with a name
• Pass and play with your friends
Make the grade:
• Think quickly! A 10 second penalty is added to your time for each incorrect answer
"History:Maps of World" is a fun and educational collection of high-resolution historical maps.
Check it out to keep up with your history, learn something about history.
– Wide variety of historical displays
– Support for Category/Era view
– Keyword Search
– Displays the source about each map
– Zoom in/out (zoom-in/out with pinch, zoom-in with double tab, and zoom-out with two-fingers tap)
– Free screen rotation
– Not require a network connection
Molecules is an application for viewing three-dimensional renderings of molecules and manipulating them using your fingers. You can rotate the molecules by moving your finger across the display, zoom in or out by using two-finger pinch gestures, or pan the molecule by moving two fingers across the screen at once. Double-tapping on the display lets you switch visualization modes.
New molecules can be downloaded from the RCSB Protein Data Bank (http://www.rcsb.org/pdb), an international repository of biological molecules and their 3-D structures. Molecules can be downloaded directly to your iPhone or iPod touch and stored there for later viewing.
Custom molecular structures can also be downloaded to the device from any publicly available web server. The location of these structures can either be manually specified in the application or custom URLs can be clicked on within Safari or Mail on the device.
Displays the sky view at the correct orientation when held at any angle. Simple operation, no buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring. Unique rotation scheme enables touchless navigation even for devices without a compass.
Red light mode to preserve night vision, magnitude adjustment for viewing conditions, planets shown with relative brightness for easy identification, touchless navigation, heads up information display, full 180 degree display to see at a glance what is in the sky and where.
– Point and identify accelerometer and compass navigation
– High performance animation
– Built in database of all stars visible to the naked eye
– Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
– Full catalog of Messier and Caldwell deep sky objects with images
– Actual image taken of the Milky Way
– Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
– Time lapse animation by time, day, and sidereal day
Features include the following:
– Includes a powerful, yet easy to use scientific calculator.
– Quickly plot and trace multiple equations on the same graph.
– Custom keyboard to speed up entering in equations.
– Pinch to zoom and drag/slide for scrolling the graph in real time.
– The graph view supports portrait and landscape modes.
– Take screen shots, and e-mail graphs to yourself.
– Evaluate your graphs at any x value using the calculator screen.
– Find the exact (x,y) coordinates for roots, intersections, minimums and maximums using the trace mode.
– Supports graphing polar and parametric equations.
– Currently supports the following functions: log, log2, log10, ln, exp, sin, cos, tan, asin, acos, atan, sinh, cosh, tanh, asinh, acosh, atanh, csc, sec, cot, gamma, lgamma, nCr, nPr, min, max, degrees to radians, radians to degrees, absolute value, square root, ceiling, floor, and mod.
The biggest Tangram app ever!! 800K downloads, 1250 puzzles, 10 modes, and counting!!
Ever thought of playing the Tangram in new ways? LetsTans delivers a totally new experience of the captivating Tangram's spirit and energy.
• 1250 hand-crafted puzzles.
• 10 modes with newest Silhouette.
• 7 different skins in Classic+ mode.
• 50 colors in Junior and Silhouette modes.
• Guest Player option: get your friend to play!
• Need help? Use advanced hint system.
• Time counter with pause option.
• Full-function Try Me option for in-apps.
With Let's Create: Pottery making ceramics has never been more simple and fun! Become a true artist and create "one of a kind" pottery items and share them with your friends! Throw the clay on the wheel, release all your artistic talents and take benefit of dozens of materials available in order to create your own design! Even when you glaze and fire your very first pot you will feel accomplished and relaxed as pottery is the best way to relieve your everyday stress and find your inner peace.
Create an electronic storybook.
* Write some text.
* Illustrate by drawing on the screen, taking a photograph of something you see, or drawing on paper and then photographing the paper, or attaching photos from your album.
* Sounds can be recorded for telling your story or as sound effects.
* Layout the elements of your story (text boxes, images, and sound clips) freely by dragging them or pinching to resize.
* Add, reorder, or delete pages from your book.
Upload your story to the StoryKit web server and email a link to the story from within the app. No account is necessary. Stories are private.
The application includes four public domain children's books that you can rewrite and rearrange into your own new story. These are scans of the original bound books that have been specially processed for use on the iPhone.
Top edit features
• Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
• Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, Contrast
• Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, Sharpen
• Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, Soft Black and White
• Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge, Halftone and Film Emulsion
SHOW ON THE GO
Photoshop.com for iPhone gives you complete access to your entire online photo and video library directly from your Photoshop.com account. Relive the memories and laughter with your friends and family anytime, anywhere. Show off all of your favorite photos and video with instant slideshows. It's like keeping thousands of photos right in your pocket!
Viewfinder is an amazing way to search, view and download photos from Flickr.com. Download photos into the Photos app on your iPad, then use them as your iPad wallpaper, lock screen or use them in Keynote, Pages and any app that uses the Photos application. Simply swipe and pinch to browse them full-screen.
– Search all 4 billion photos on Flickr.
– Search for Creative Commons photos with specific licenses.
– Download photos to the iPad Photos app, where allowed.
– Swipe and pinch to browse photos full-screen.
– Tap and hold on a photo to see additional information, including maps.
– Launch the iPad Maps application with one touch to explore photo locations.
– Incredible performance, even with large numbers of photos.
– Customise the brightness of the thumbnail background.
We take 23,469 classic public domain books, and make them available to download and read. Letters of leaders, the collected works of geniuses, the finest Victorian novels, the plays of Shakespeare, the philosophy of Seneca and Marcus Aurelius, the autobiographies of Benjamin Franklin and Andrew Carnegie. It's all here, along with tens of thousands of other books. And all, might we belabor the point, absolutely free. While you won't find recent books like Twilight or Harry Potter, you will find a mindboggling amount of classic titles from throughout the ages. To get these books it really is as simple as a tap- in seconds you'll be reading with our lightning fast, built-in ereader. Done reading? No worries- we'll save your place with automatic bookmarking, and return to your spot when you pull up the app again. Alternatively, we can email it to you so you can read the book on your computer or your Kindle. Either way, the book is yours to read anywhere, online or offline.
Have Speak it read your emails, favorite news articles, documents and more while you exit the app and do other things. The text to speech engine is so powerful, it reproduces speech which is clear and natural sounding. Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you with the highest quality text to speech engine available anywhere. You can even create the same quality audio files of the text to speech which can then be emailed to anyone you like! Need an elegant way to make announcements over your PA system? Speak it! can do that too. You can easily set up a list of pre-made announcements, and play them with a press of a button. You can even use Speak it! as a fun way to prank your friends! Speak it! is your own custom soundboard, with endless phrases and possible uses.
Google Reader Client.
– Syncs with Google Reader
– Browse by feed or folders
– Manage starred items, notes
– Support for shared items and friends' shared items
– Mark as unread
– Image caching
– State saving
– Slider control for list entries:
> slide to right to toggle read/unread
< slide to left to toggle starred/unstarred
– Send to Instapaper or ReadItLater
– Save to Delicious* or Pinbard
– Post to Twitter
– In-app email for sharing articles
– Instapaper and Google Mobilizer
– Open with Safari
– Copy Link
Search Google quickly using your voice and your location.
Google Mobile App includes the following features:
* Search by voice – speak your queries in American, British, Indian or Australian English accents, also supports Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Korean.
* Just talk – simply hold your iPhone to your ear and say your query
* My Location – avoid typing your current location when searching for nearby businesses (e.g. "pizza" or "starbucks")
* Google Suggest – tap suggested web search queries and local businesses that appear as you type
* Search history – quickly search again for queries you recently performed
* Contact search – search your phone's contacts.
* Vertical search – search Google Maps, Images, News, and Shopping
Google Mobile App also links to Google's other applications so that you can easily navigate to them.
Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to. With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
– Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
– Create a playlist of stories to hear in any order or to save for later
– Hear public radio podcasts on demand without downloading and synching
– Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
– Download stories for offline reading
– Bookmark your favorite stations
– Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
– Find station broadcast frequencies while traveling
– A program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now; listen right on your phone
– Listen to popular public radio programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, Car Talk, and Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me!
– Browse and read stories from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel. Stories can be shared via email, text message , Twitter, or Facebook.
– Review the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college football and college basketball. Filter college scores down to your favorite conferences.
– Get live weather conditions, up-to-the minute personal radar and the five day forecast at your current location, or for a set of your favorite locations. Review national weather maps including Doppler radar, temperature and precipitation forecasts.
– Flip through the day’s best photos from news, sports, celebrities, science, travel and weather or play them back as a slideshow. Share your favorite photo galleries with friends via email.
USA TODAY Snapshots
– Scan through USA TODAY Snapshots, and vote on a poll question for each. Review responses from all users and filter the results down to your current state and city*.
The free Dictionary.com app delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, including nearly 1,000,000 words and definitions and 90,000 synonyms and antonyms. No Internet connection is needed. The app also features audio pronunciations, similarly spelled words and Dictionary.com’s popular Word of the Day that is enjoyed by millions of people.
• Dictionary and Thesaurus
• English and Spanish Word of the Day
• Nearly 1,000,000 words and definitions in our Dictionary
• More than 90,000 synonyms and antonyms in our Thesaurus
• Alphabetical indexing
• Similarly spelled words
• Phonetic and audio pronunciation
• Example sentences
• Non-standard uses
• Word origin and history
• Editable recent word look-up
• Shake device to see a randomly-selected word
• No Internet connection required for Dictionary and Thesaurus
• Internet connection required for Word of the Day, audio pronunciations and similarly spelled words
ThatQuiz Math is an iPad-optimized app for math practice. It contains all of the math content from http://www.thatquiz.org for access anywhere you have your iPad, without a network connection. Test yourself with hundreds of easily configurable math tests. Areas include basic arithmetic, multiplication tables, geometry, algebra, sets, measurement, graphing, money, calculus, exponents, fractions, decimals, time, probability, and much more. This is a comprehensive program suitable for students in grades K-12. Quizzes begin with the most basic skills and end with highly advanced topics, so there's something for everyone in the family. Visit the web site http://www.thatquiz.org to try before purchasing. With ThatQuiz Math for the iPad, you'll have math practice tests available anytime and anywhere.