Edmodo is a safe and secure, K12 educational network in which the teachers have the necessary controls. You can create closed groups to allow students to collaborate and communicate beyond the classroom walls, post links and files, and collaborate with other classrooms on Edmodo. The site is accessible online or using any mobile device, including Android devices and iPhones.
To Access our Community:
- Go to http://willardhs.edmodo.com
- Click the I’m a Teacher button to create an account.
- Enter School code. (You can get this code from Janetta Garton.)
An important part of using such a tool is to provide lessons on digital citizenship and appropriate use. You can find some resources for such lessons in the Cybersafety Course in Moodle and on the Safety & Management page on Fusion.
Edmodo Resources to get you started:
- See some real life uses of Edmodo in the classroom – In Depth Teacher Stories videos by Dyane Smokorowski and Maria Simmons.
- There’s a user’s guide for your reference.
- Video Tutorial: Edmodo Instruction for Teachers videos
- Additional resources: Edmodo is for my Classroom and Bringing High School Students into Edmodo