Troubleshooting: Remove “Stuck” Voicemail Icon- Women With Droids
WritePad for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Writepad allows students to write on the screen, and the app translates the writing to typed text. If students are willing to use their finger to write, or buy a stylus, this might be an effective app, but I wanted to have the option available to students who for whatever reason prefer to write over type.
GrammarPrep: Capitalization for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
… suite of apps to give the students a place to turn to to learn and practice their grammar. It has simple examples, quizzes and can be accessed without the student having to be embarrassed to read a style manual in front of the rest of the class.
iA Writer for iPad on the iTunes App Store
I reviewed this one not too long ago, it is a word processing app that really restructures the writing process, slowing down for students to produce effective writing. Some of the features that are impressive is the ‘focus’ mode that directs the writer in to just a few lines of text, and the fixed-width font that is just different enough from the ‘Times’ wold to make you read more carefully I love this app and use it for all of my blog writing now. Yes, it’s that good!
Mind Wave 2 : Isochronic Version for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
While technically an iPhone app, this one has been a staple in my classroom for the past two years. Mindwave is a binaural tones player that includes ‘songs’ for calming ADHD students, energizing tired ones and refocusing students who have been working for a while. It’s not for everyone, but the students who like it swear by it and that’s enough for me when I see their results.
Keypoint for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Strip Designer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Create your own personal comic book strips using photos from your photo album or iPhone camera. Start by selecting one of the many included strip templates. Add photos to the cells. Position, scale and rotate the photos freely within the cells. Move, resize, and rotate cells to create your own personal layout.Add text balloons, and position them on your photos. Choose font, color, opacity and text-size. Add stickers with cartoon exclamations to spice up your stories. While you work, you can freely pan and zoom to control even the smallest details.Paint on photos or draw your own cells from scratch. Create masked images (“cutouts”) using photos from your photo-album, and position them anywhere on the strip.Once you have finished your masterpiece you can save it to your photo album, email it to your friends, upload it to Facebook or Flickr, or create a Tweet with Twitter and Twitpic
SonicPics for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
iThoughtsHD (mindmapping) for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Agendas for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Agendas will help you create a beautiful agenda for a meeting or classroom. But it’s much more than that. With Agendas, you can broadcast the interactive agenda to other iPads on the network. It’s designed to keep meetings and classrooms productive, timely and enjoyable.
– a clean interface to design an agenda for yourself or to be shared with others
– broadcast the agenda to iPads on the network. Those wanting to join will need the 4 number security code
– use colorful images or graphs from your Camera Roll
– create a poll and open it for responses at anytime
– Attendees can use the sidebar to ask questions. Other attendees can vote them up so the most critical questions are answered first. The presenter can place them right in the agenda.
– Once the meeting duration is set, a blue timer slowly runs across the top of the agenda to keep everyone on time and task.
– Each Agendas user has place to type their own personal notes for review later
– My Agendas is a place to store all past agendas
– Presenters can add to the agenda while it’s live. So, when assignments are made, everyone has record of it.
– Export the agenda as a PDF and email to any address.
Weboword – Vocabulary Visually!
Apple Store for K-12 Education Institutions – Apple Store (U.S.)
Print n Share
SimpleMind Touch – Mind Mapping on the iPhone and iPod
Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.