If you or your students are using an iPad to work on Google Docs or Google Sheets, there are new free apps that you may want to install:
- When you open the new apps, you will see your most recently edited files.
- Access the Details button to: share, remove, star, rename, or get a link to the file.
- The apps also come with offline support built in, so you can easily view, edit and create files without an Internet connection.
- You can choose which files to make available offline by using the “keep on device” slider button available in Details.
- In a document you can use the Comment button to leave feedback on your student’s work.
- You can switch between a school account and a personal account.
- You can easily edit spreadsheets now on an iPad.
- The Google Drive app is still available and can be used to to view and organize all of your documents, spreadsheets, presentations, photos and more.
- If you select a document or spreadsheet from within the Google Drive App, it will open in either the Google Docs or Google Sheets app.